Never become the business that is cheap! Stay away from being known as the lowest price. Being cheaper than everyone else doesn’t spread the word and doesn’t create loyalty.
In fact if people are coming because of price only, even free isn’t cheap enough. Also being the lowest price too often affects profitability and does not build relationships. You’ll just attract a crowd of people who are not committed to their good health, or yours.
What do you do then if you find yourself being this business?
My advice is – instead of being cheaper, just be better.
Explore my list below and choose 4 or 5 that will work for you. Create a plan to include things like:
- Be a speaker for local civic group luncheons on a hot topic
- Be a drop-off point for Toys for Tots or a similar program
- Go out and meet three new people from your community every day
- Send every client a small gift on their birthday
- Provide health drinks at the local half-marathon or anything similar
- Use the principles of the Ritz-Carlton in your waiting room
- Use the indispensable marketing strategy of vice versa
- Write a regular blog that includes valuable health, business, career, or etc. information, humor and bonuses
Create a reputation for being remarkable – not cheap.