Seth Godin says cheaper is the last refuge of the person who’s not a very good marketer. Cheaper doesn’t spread the word or create loyalty. If people are coming because of price only, even free isn’t cheap enough. You’ll attract a crowd of people who are not committed to their good health, or yours.
Explore my list below and choose 4 or 5 that will work for you. Create a plan to include things like:
- Be a speaker for local civic group luncheons on a hot topic
- Be a drop-off point for Toys for Tots or a similar program
- Go out and meet three new people from your community every day
- Offer a free teleseminar, class or workshop that solves a problem
- Send every client a small gift on their birthday
- Figure out everyday how you can delight at least one customer
- Provide health drinks at the local half-marathon or anything similar
- Use the principles of the Ritz-Carlton in your waiting room
- Use the indispensable marketing strategy of vice versa
- Write a regular blog that includes valuable health, business, career, or etc. information, humor and bonuses
My advice – Create a reputation for being remarkable – not cheap
Question: How do you show that you’re better not cheaper?