The road to real business and to success starts with asking–and answering–that one simple question. And yet that’s the reason that most of you are failing at marketing. You will not force yourself to focus on the specific goals you want your marketing activities to achieve. You MUST as Steven Covey says, “begin with the end in mind.”
So, what do you want to happen? Do you want your marketing to:
- Start a relationship
- Have someone place an order
- Capture prospect data
- Have someone call your toll-free 800 number
- Get traffic to your website
- Get people to subscribe to your newsletter
- Create top-of-mind awareness for your products or services
- Have prospects and customers visit your place of business, showroom, or store
- Have interested parties enter a contest
- Refer a friend or associate
Every single tool of your marketing MUST have a “what do you want to happen” statement. This applies to billboards, ads, internet and traditional radio commercials, TV commercials, social media, emails, and any other marketing tools.
Question: What are some specific goals you want to happen with your marketing?