Be the service business that prospects think of first
Our Process Approach to Small Business Marketing
Before we start implementing all the tactical things to increase visibility and make the phone ring, we help you create a strategy based on your ideal client, a differentiation that this ideal client values and marketing message.
Every very successful business we’ve worked with knows three things:
- Why, deep down, they do what they do.
- Who, in very specific terms, makes an ideal client for the business.
- What, in contrast to every other business that says they do the same thing, really sets them apart in a way that an ideal client values.
This diagnosis before prescription approach goes deeply into the mind of our client’s client and is the best way to grow a business.
How a Process Approach to Small Business Marketing Works
First, we’re going to help you develop a marketing strategy. This requires us to narrow who you’ve been trying to market to and create a marketing message that is around the problems that you can promise to solve for this narrow market, and that they want to solve.
Then we build the right ongoing implementation package for your business using that narrow market focus and marketing message. As a part of that process, we sometimes manage and orchestrate the execution of marketing tactics such as: website design, SEO, graphic design, email marketing, content creation, pay-per-click advertising and third party vendors.
Marketing Strategy Consulting Services
- Ideal Customer Profile – Profiles for each of your market segments including an overview of their, challenges, timing triggers, priority initiatives, success factors, perceived barrier, buying process, and decision criteria.
- Marketing Messages – A clearly defined difference, positioning statement, unique educating proposition (UEP) and messaging for using your difference when reaching different target markets.
- Marketing Program Strategy – 4-6 of your highest-level strategies mapped out including detailed tactics to help achieve these strategies.
- Content Strategy – Content calendar including the following elements: 12 monthly topics, types of content, and monthly goals for each type of content.
- Customer Journey Audit – Brainstorm session with your consultant and members of your team to come up with touchpoint plan for each of the 5 phases of the Journey: awareness, educate, sample, purchase and refer.
- Competitive Analysis – Snapshot report on competitive factors for 3-6 of your top competitors. High-level summaries including position in market, how they attract and convert customers, website factors, and reviews.
Example Packages Typically Include Some Combination Of The Following Tactics.
What Can You Expect?
Regardless of the engagement, the goal of our small business marketing services is to help your business find new opportunities for growth and achieve break-through results. (Be fully confident that our small business marketing firm requires nothing in advance to meet and brainstorm your marketing. Only when both you and us agree that clarity can be achieved are fees received.)